Termination & Severance Packages
Your employment has been terminated and you are being asked to accept a severance package in exchange for signing a release.
Ensure that the severance package is fair before you sign. Employers usually offer less than your entitlements as a starting point, expecting a negotiation. We can give you peace of mind that what you are signing is fair. More often, we can get you a better severance package.
- Know your legal rights before you sign
- What is missing from your severance package?
- Should your bonus be part of your severance package?
- What about your your pension entitlements or RRSP match?
- How long will your benefits continue?
- How are your STIP and LTIP treated?
- Negotiate a better package with a Toronto employment lawyer